Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Tuesday 4.8: Pull-ups, Cleans, Box

Tuesday. Metcon, 5rds of: 15 pull-ups, 2 power clean (80kg), 20 box. Time, 12.00.

This time I decided not to do any strength portion to kick the session off. Metcon usually comes only after some barbell work. I'll have to take it back a notch because of this excessive back squatting in order to get the most out of it. Today's session included only one metcon. That was enough.



Metcon. Time, 12.00
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 15 pull-up
  • 2 power clean, 80kg
  • 20 box jump
The reasoning behind this was to get more volume on the pull-ups. As I wrote couple of days ago, I feel like there is lots of work to be done at the pull-up bar. Plus, even though I felt like my strategy worked on the "2007" I didn't like the fact I cut pull-ups to small pieces. Didn't feel good in my head.



That's why my focus today was to get these rounds unbroken, and that's exactly what I did. 15 reps ain't that much. Should be able to do that. Especially when you don't have to do huge amount of work with upper body at the same time. Cleans and box jumps made my legs jello and heart beat high but left enough energy to go through the pull-ups with style.

Cleans were singles, short breath in between. Box jumps were unbroken. Round times were something like sub 2min on the first one, then the 4 remaining were more or less around 2:30. I'm happy on the consistency on this one. This was a good metcon for real. After the workout my legs felt like a ton, so I'm wondering how it's gonna be like tomorrow for another bad ass Smolov day.



No comments:

Post a Comment