Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Wednesday 2.9: Snatch, Hspu, Box, Du's

Wednesday. Snatch 8x2 (max 60kg). Metcon, 21-15-9 of: hspu, box, 50 du's between rounds. Time, 9.41.

Another snatch day. This is in my agenda for the near future. Got to get the technique under control. I don't wanna post results of throwing 50kg barbell whereas I can clean weights easily over 100kg. The difference is too big which means to say there's a lot of room for technical improvements.

Took a set of 10 strict ones at this one right after metcon. Good one for developing grip strength!

Oly.

  • Snatch 8x2 (50, 50, 55, 55, 55, 55, 60, 60kg)

Pauliina was with me at the gym and I'm proud to say this woman is killing the double unders. She's been very consistent with practicing them and now she is dominating this skill! Also got to say that the owners at the gym went shopping at Rogue, respect. They got a "Dog Bone Pull-up Bar" and a "Log Bar" as well. Plus couple of jump ropes. Good purchases!

Anyway, about the snatches. Last session was great. Today I got the barbell high up at the hips before the final pull. The bar moved okay this time too. I put a little more weight than last time and did doubles instead of triples. What I would like to see from the video is that when I land, I would be more on my heels. Now it seems to be too much leaning on front. I can get to the bottom and stay on heels but it usually doesn't go there right away. I'll take these snatches this time. 60kg snatch is not self evident for me so I got to be happy!



Metcon. Time, 9.41

  • 21-15-9 of:
  • Handstand push-up
  • Box jump
  • 50 double under after every round

This was fun for 42 reps. I got the first sets of handstand push-ups unbroken. Box jumps were as easy as they can be. They constituted no issues at any point of the workout. Hspu's were not cool on the second round. It was 5-3-3-2-2. Those are small sets. And why those got tough at this point was partly due to double unders. Those were completed in couple of sets, and they fatigued my shoulders a bit. Not greatly but still they had an effect.

Log bar

This got breathing go high at points but then again at the hspu's I got some rest because muscles just couldn't bear it unbroken. That means there was extra rest during the workout. This was a fun one in the end. But the combination of hspu's and double unders is tough on shoulders, at least I feel like it.



No comments:

Post a Comment