Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Wednesday 9.9: Clean complex, Squats, Row, Hspu

Wednesday. Complex, 5 sets of: 2 hang squat clean, 1 squat clean, 1 front squat @ 80kg. Strength, back squat 4's (up to 122.5kg). Metcon, row, 5rds of: 500m row, 10 hspu. Time, 13.07.

There are some days I go to work a little later which opens up a time window to hit the gym in the morning. It's kind of cool but then again, body is not that fresh in my case in the very morning. However, I stuck to my plan and was able to work through a good session!



Complex.
  • 5 sets of:
  • 2 hang squat clean
  • 1 squat clean
  • 1 front squat
  • All sets at 80kg
The barbell felt like it weighs a ton =) I localized it to the the schedule. 80kg barbell is not heavy but at this time of the day it was like 100kg. However, I felt like the bar still moved pretty solidly in each set. I took one complex at 40kg, 60kg and 70kg before starting the working sets. And of course a lengthy warm-up with classic routines.


Strength.
  • Back squat (4x100, 107.5, 122.5, 122.5, 122.5. 122.5, 122.5kg)
For some reason my entire body felt like it had been hammered. Legs were stiff and upper body was sore. After those cleans it felt a bit better and these squats were pretty light. These weights were pre-determined by the squat program I'm following right now. So I'll just load it up whatever it says.

On the first two weights I went touch'n'go. On the 122.5kg I took one breath on top between reps. I'm very happy on how I got these done. Felt strong on the squats.







Metcon. Time, 13.07
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 500m row
  • 10 handstand push-up
Yesterday's two metcons were great, and burned up my shoulders big time. That definitely felt today so I was a bit hesitant to stick to my hspu plan. Once I threw myself up against the wall, I realized that's not gonna be a problem at all. First reps felt good so I decided to hit it.

The key in this workout was to shorten the transitions. To be honest my mental state was not in the war zone in the beginning but at some point I noticed there was some sort of fight mode turned on. The rowing part was 500 meters so I figured second or two won't change the game. My pace was 1:50 - 1:55 throughout the workout. Handstand push-ups went unbroken, and were very comfortable.






No comments:

Post a Comment