Monday, October 12, 2015

Monday 12.10: Clean, Thruster, Du

Monday. Emom x 10min: 1 squat clean (90kg). Metcon, 7rds of: 10 thruster (40kg), 30 du.

The highlight of the day was to get my hands on thrusters. Program was about cleans and metcon. Monday should also be about squats but I've had some issues with my back lately. It doesn't hurt and everything is okay with it but on some days it gets very tight and starts to burn when I give pressure to it. Today cleans brought that annoying burn there which is a clear sign not to do heavy squats. But it goes away as quickly as it comes. After shower everything was perfect. Hopefully tomorrow's gonna be a good squat day.



Oly.

  • Every minute on the minute x 10min
  • 1 squat clean @ 90kg

I love cleans. There is no doubt about it. No matter how I get to do cleans, they rock. Today's agenda was to work on technique with semi heavy weights. Pulling the bar without rushing it in the first pull. Bringing it as high as possible. Keeping my eyes pointed forward, maybe slightly up. Racking the bar nicely on the front rack. Getting legs ready for back squats. As we now know, squats never happened but it was great to do squats anyway.



Metcon.

  • 7 rounds of:
  • 10 thruster, 40kg
  • 30 double under

I had only one hour gym time but I'm happy there was time to do thrusters. What an awesome movement! Breathing was heavy and back burned a lot on the thrusters. Shoulders and legs felt the toughness too but that was tolerable. I went unbroken on the barbell work.




Lately I've had big success with the jump rope. The reason for this is probably how I warm up nowadays before double unders. I do more mental prep, jumps without the rope and tuck jumps too. These all prepare my shins better for du's.



The reason there have been stumbling with the rope is exactly my shins that are kind of sore. But with correct pre-workout action, they are more ready to absorb the shock of the jump. Today I went unbroken on every set but the second round where I had one miss. This made me smile.






No comments:

Post a Comment