Monday, October 26, 2015

Monday 26.10: Snatch, Squat, Hspu, Sdhp

Monday. Emom x 10min: 2 high hang snatch (up to 55kg). Emom x 10min: 2 back squat (120kg). Metcon, 4rds of: 10 hspu, 10 sdhp (50kg).

Went to the gym today with a tight hour time slot. That was very tight taking into consideration my plans included snatch, squats and a metcon. After warm-up I put the clock running for the first emom, and it accidentally kept running after snatches. In the end I realized it was 37 minutes and all the work had been done. That was fast and efficient.



Oly.

  • Every minute on the minute x 10min
  • 1-2min: 40kg
  • 3-4min: 45kg
  • 5-6min: 50kg
  • 7-8min: 55kg
  • 9-10min: 60kg

Felt pretty good to snatch today. Originally plan was to pull from the ground but then again, that includes loading the hamstrings and posterior chain tight on the first pull. That was out of question. Squatting is okay though. This is a bit strange that I have some small pain when right hamstring is under tension because of that sprained leg on the sprints on Sunday one week ago.

These were doubles up to 55 kilos, and the last lifts at 60kg were singles. I'm pretty happy considering there has been some pause from previous snatches. I had plenty of energy to snatch more but it was time to move on.



Squats.

  • Every minute on the minute x 10min
  • 2 back squat @ 120kg

Heavier squats were not going to happen because of the time constraints. I decided on a weight that I knew was going to be doable without much movement specific warm-up. Took couple of reps before this weight, then hit a double in touch'n'go style every minute. No pause in between. Felt actually awesome to squat. This weight was good for this session. Could have been a bit heavier but I'm happy with this one for sure.



Metcon.

  • 4 rounds of:
  • 10 handstand push-up
  • 10 sumo deadlift high pull, 50kg

This has been on my phone's notes for maybe two weeks. I've been waiting for the right time to hit it. Actually it was 12min amrap in the beginning but I just decided to hit it today as I had mentally prepared for it even though I had to kind of rush it through. After squats I just loaded the barbell at 50kg, and threw myself against the wall for hspu's.

Both elements were completed unbroken. I reckoned handstand push-ups would be so but the sumo deadlift high pulls were a positive surprise. It was kind of difficult to know how they would feel like as I've done only 35-40kg sdhp's this far. They had this movement in the Regionals in 2015 at 60kg, total of 50 reps, in the long chipper workout. That looked really cool, and the athletes looked like they are getting crushed mentally and physically with this movement. Since then, it's been knocking in the back of my head. Very good workout, and my shoulders definitely took the biggest hit in this.




No comments:

Post a Comment