Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Tuesday 27.10: Ohs, Burpee, Du

Tuesday. Wod, 5rds of: 10 ohs (50kg), 15 burpee, 50 du.

Today was kind of a day where I didn't have strict plans whatsoever. On the way to the gym something like this started developing in my head. There were also row, c2b and sled somehow vaguely at some point but this is what it turned out to be. Weakness party =)



Metcon.
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 10 overhead squat, 50kg
  • 15 burpee
  • 50 double under
Well, burpees are not a weakness of mine but overhead squats have never been in my wheelhouse, and double unders have been at least questionable in the past months. Plan at this workout was to go unbroken. Ambitious goal regarding the double unders. Burpees would definitely be as "unbroken" as they can ever be. Just pace them properly, don't stop and keep moving. As simple as that.

Overhead squats were not that light but I felt confident in hitting the sets without dropping the barbell at any moment. The last two sets started to get a bit shaky but I got them. This pleased me a lot. It's not normal to go this "heavy" with ohs. It actually is not that heavy but I haven't done many workouts traditionally over 40kg. Lately I've tried to go heavier (50-60kg) with ohs wods.


Biggest takeaway of the day was confidence with double unders. In the past crossfit career I gained a good level of skills. Then I kind of forgot to practice them so little by little I realized the skills went away too. In the past months I started focusing more on du's to get the good rhythm back.


Currently jump rope is obeying my commands pretty well. Today I went ub on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th round. First round was good for 48 reps =) and last one was actually the only one with a miss in the middle (at 34 reps). This felt freaking awesome. It felt very natural. Just started to burn my shoulders



No comments:

Post a Comment