Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Wednesday 28.10: C&J, Squat, Metcon

Wednesday. Emom x 15min: clean and jerk (up to 90kg). Front squat 5x5 (across, 110kg). Front squat singles 6x1 (up to 130kg). Metcon, 3rds of: 400m row, 12 hspu, 21 box. Time, 9.07.

What a fabulous morning workout. Don't know why but lately I've learned to enjoy these early morning sessions and body has been rather fresh. Warm-up needs to be lengthy but then I get this body moving pretty well, and get good success on the sessions. Today was a lot of barbell work, then all out metcon to finish it.



Oly.

  • Every minute on the minute x 15min
  • Clean and jerk singles
  • 1-3min: 70kg
  • 4-6min: 75kg
  • 7-9min: 80kg
  • 10-12min: 85kg
  • 13-15min: 90kg
Classic stuff, clean and jerk. Singles, one rep per minute. Starting at 70kg, then adding 5kg after every 3 minutes. Focus was on each and every single jerk. Cleans were easy, jerk is not as light for me. There's a clear difference. I wonder how there are people who can jerk whatever they can clean. That's a big difference in my case =)



Lifts felt pretty good this time. On the video I noticed my legs didn't do enough work on the jerk. Front and back leg didn't go far enough. That means I need to push the barbell higher than I think is ideal (at least in my head). Anyway, it was great to complete the reps rather solidly and without misses.



Squats.


  • Front squat 5-5-5-5-5 (across, 110kg)
  • Front squat 1-1-1-1-1-1 (120, 122, 124, 126, 128, 130kg)
Front squat is the king. These were quite quick reps. That was the point. Idea was as fast as possible. Not long breaks to catch a breath on top. Weight was tolerable in that sense that I was able to keep moving. The last 2 reps of each set burned my legs. And it definitely eased to rack the barbell in my upper body too. It brought tension in my arms and shoulders.

After completing those 5's I took some extra singles. These were not planned beforehand. Just felt the urge to go heavier also. Singles, starting from 120kg, adding 2kg per rep. Goal was to go up to 130kg, and it went nicely. It's been time since doing heavier front squats.


Metcon. Time, 9.07
  • 3 rounds of:
  • 400m row
  • 12 handstand push-up
  • 21 box jump
This was genius, smart and brutal. It was a 3-rounder which made it possible to go faster from the beginning. I tried to go fast on the row too, and not pace it out just in case. Actually it was sub 1.40 on the first round, and it made me think if it is too hard or just the perfect one. Don't know but I'm happy that I started it this way. Next rounds were more like closer to 1.45 pace.



Plan was definitely to go unbroken on each element for sure. Had some of them not been so, it would have been a disappointment and disaster. Hspu's were good too. Last round was tough on the last reps. But I believe one more round would have gone in the same manner too.

Box jumps were surprisingly challenging. They just burned my thighs and hamstrings big time. Huh, it was always good to about 12-14 reps, then the flames came up my legs. This was a very good high heart beat metcon.




No comments:

Post a Comment