Friday, November 13, 2015

Friday 13.11: Overhead, Squat, Burpee, Box overs

Friday. Overhead strength, shoulder press 1-1-1 (65kg), push press 1-1-1 (75kg), push jerk 1-1-1 (85kg), split jerk 1x95kg. Emom x 10min: 3 back squat @ 120kg. Metcon, 30 burpee, 30 box jump overs. Time, 2.20

Morning workout. All that bench work made my chest and shoulders were tight big time. Mobility made tricks and I got them ready for work. Squats were in the game to get strength in there, and then a sprint of heavy breathing in the end.



Overhead. Compare to 23.10.2015
  • Shoulder press 1-1-1 (65kg)
  • Push press 1-1-1 (75kg)
  • Push jerk 1-1-1 (85kg). Second rep was a fail
  • Split jerk 1 (95kg)
This was continuance to earlier work with this same rep scheme. Singles in strict press, push press, push jerk, and split jerk. Idea is to do 3x1 reps at the same weight, then add weight and change the style of putting the bar overhead. Shoulder presses were okay. The second rep was a battle as there wasn't enough aggression. Third one was the best of those.

Push presses went fine, those were the most steady reps of these all in my opinion. On the push jerks the weight was 85kg which is the heaviest I've ever put on straight hands so that was a bit different game. Couple of days ago I took 85kg for a single and it came up nicely. Today the first rep was ok, second left slightly in front which I couldn't save. On the third attempt I gathered some mental strength and put it overhead with ease.

As I lowered it back down on my front rack I didn't bring elbows in front which made the bar crash on my collarbones. Hurt like hell. I have a rip in one of my left hand fingers so that's the reason I didn't take it down in a normal way. That was a mistake as that collarbone got instantly swollen. I realized it on the first and only attempt of 95kg split jerk. The pressure was huge in that painful area, and I had to stop jerking right away. Went to see that in the mirror. Looked nasty. But it felt great to get 95kg up even though it definitely was a bit ugly.



Strength.
  • Every minute on the minute x 10min
  • 3 touch'n'go back squat @ 120kg
This was written to do these exactly as t'n'g squats. No stopping on top. This was a lot of fun. Sweat and breathing were more intense than normally, and legs were burning big time. The third rep was tight on the sets, and after couple of minutes this turned out to be surprisingly mental stuff.



Metcon. Time, 2.20
  • 30 burpees
  • 30 box jump overs
I was already in a bit of a hurry so I had to start working if I wanted to do some conditioning piece. This was just a short one. Plan was to do two metcons but there was no time for that. This was anyway an awesome way to get heart beat up in a second. This kind of work would be ideal as interval work. Let's say something similar with 2-3min breaks in between, and repeat for a number of rounds. Or maybe 2min amraps of: 30 burpees and rest of time box jump overs.





No comments:

Post a Comment