Friday, January 29, 2016

Friday 29.1: Row, Sdhp, Box, Kb, Ghd

Friday. 30sec on, 30sec off, for 10min: row. Wod, 10min amrap: 10 sdhp @ 50kg, 20 box overs. Wod, 5rds of 12 kb swing @ 32kg, 12 ghd.

Efficient session. Three-piece wod to finish the working week. I'm telling you guys I'm missing some old school barbell cycling. Once I get my body healed up 100% I'm gonna smash cleans big time. I've been dreaming of getting a bar on my front rack for some time now.



Workout.
  • 0:00 - 10:00
  • 30sec on, 30sec off, row for max distance
  • 10:00 - 15:00
  • Rest
  • 15:00 - 25:00
  • Amrap of:
  • 10 sumo deadlift high-pulls @ 50kg
  • 20 box jump overs
  • Result, 199 reps (6 rounds + 9 box)
  • 25:00 - 33:00
  • Rest
  • 33:00 - 39:27
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 12 kettlebell swing @ 32kg
  • 12 ghd sit-ups

Clock was running constantly. The plan was to keep 5min breaks between wods but the latter recovery period stretched a bit as I was re-evaluating the movements. This was a great combination of action. There could be some cleans / snatches in the mix as well as hspu's, burpees and ring dips if my wrist would allow it. I really like this kind of effective sessions!



On the rowing my butt got numb towards the end and legs were smoked! Pace was around 1:35 throughout. A little faster in the beginning, maybe 1:32, and at slowest it was 1:37. I checked the distance after 10 minutes were over but I already forgot it.

On the second part the plan was to go unbroken on both movements. I could have broken the sdhp's early on and shortened the transitions. Don't know what would have been the best version but the goal of the workout was met today. Only in the last round I broke the reps as clock was winding down.



Box jumps seem to be my thing. I can keep going even with a heavy heart rate. Legs got tired though during the course of this workout for sure.

After these two workouts my legs were pretty much done so having kettlebell swings in the last piece got me thinking what can I pair it up with. Turned out to be ghd's. This was a nice core workout indeed. Took me slightly over 6 minutes to finish finish it.



No comments:

Post a Comment