Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sunday 10.1: Mu's, Press, Emom

Sunday. Emom x 10min: mu's 2-3 reps. Push press 1x6 @ 78kg. Emom x 15min: 1st 5 c&j @ 60kg, 2nd 8-10 burpee box, 3rd 12 pull-ups.

The past two days have been pretty awesome in the field of crossfit. After couple of easier days I've got a chance to hit it at the gym for real. Both of these days have been very efficient. Yesterday the session took me 43 minutes in total after warm-up. Today it was 42 minutes. Somehow after this kind of intense sessions I leave the gym with a happy face as it feels like things happened efficiently. Not that I would like to spend the entire day at the gym if it was possible =)


Gymnastics.

  • Every minute on the minute x 10 minutes
  • Muscle-ups, 2-3 reps per minute
  • Total of: 24 reps

Damned it was fun to go after muscle-ups! It's been a while since doing these last time. It's always a bit of a nervous situation to walk to the rings and start working. It wouldn't if I mastered them but that's not the case. I was a bit conservative in the beginning and took doubles. Actually the first was a triple but then couple of doubles before finishing it with triples again. I counted a total of 24 reps which makes it 4 triples and 6 doubles. Felt good on these. Obviously I ripped my left palm as the tendency seems to be on mu's.


Overhead.

  • Push press 1x6 @ 78kg

This is the part of the progression I've been doing the past 6 weeks to put some beef on my shoulders. Started warming up with an empty barbell right after muscle-ups. Little by little crawled up to 80kg for a single. Then dropped to 78kg for a max set. It says 6 reps but there was a permission to go further. It was a good battle to complete the 7th rep too. See the video for that set.

Recap


Conditioning.

  • Every minute on the minute x 15 minutes
  • 1st minute: 5 clean and jerk @ 60kg
  • 2nd minute: 8-10 burpee box jumps
  • 3rd minute: 12 pull-ups

Some emom rotation on couple of elements. Those clean and jerks were a great piece of this workout. It would definitely be beneficial to mix c&j's in workouts more often. They are a great way to cause fatigue on entire body.


 I changed between 8 to 10 reps on the burpee box jumps, and 12 pull-ups on the third minute. I actually started at 10 pull-ups, changed it on the second round and finished the last round with 14 reps.




No comments:

Post a Comment