Thursday, January 14, 2016

Thursday 14.1: Deads, Hspu, Du, Lunges

Thursday. Emom x 15min: 1st min 5 deads (150kg), 2nd min 10 hspu, 3rd min 30 du. Right into 15min amrap of walking lunges with 20kg vest. Result, 287m.

Thursday's program was supposed to be meathead oriented. Deads and bench. It turned out both bench racks were taken so I skipped that and changed plans on the fly. Original plan was 12min emom of deads and bench, then 10min amrap of lighter deads, hspu's and du's. This was pretty similar.



Metcon.
  • Every minute on the minute x 15 minutes:
  • 1st min: 5 deadlifts @ 150kg
  • 2nd min: 10 handstand push-ups
  • 3rd min: 30 double unders
This was a nice combo. It's been some time since previous deadlifts. Those made my back sore for days and for some reason it has not been on my program since. Today the 150kg pulls felt great. Light weight. There are two rips in my fingers so I stayed at this point to prevent them get torn even more.

Hspu's were good too. I thought about 12 reps also at some point. I've been missing these guys. Prior to double unders I have been foam rolling my shins lately. It has improved my du's tremendously. The difference has been huge compared to not foam rolling the shins. It even felt like "how have I ever stumbled on these jumps". Felt very natural and like I could have continued to jump forever. This metcon brought my breathing up during the 15 minutes.

Last round of the emom wod


Lunges. Result, 287 meters
  • 15 minute amrap of:
  • Walking lunges with 20kg weight vest
Didn't have any break in between. Just put the weight vest on and started walking down and back the 20m grass matt. Went unbroken for ever 20m leg, then took couple of breaths and continued back. This felt awful already after 40 meters. My quads were burning big time. I'm not quite sure how heavy the vest is. Either 20kg or 30kg.



No comments:

Post a Comment