Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Tuesday 19.1: Row, Pull-ups, Hspu, Cleans

Tuesday. Metcon, 3rds of: 500m row, 15 pull-ups, 15 hspu. Time, 11.50. Metcon, 10min amrap of: 4 squat clean (80kg), 20 cal row. Result, 91 cal row.

Agenda was to skip strength pieces from today's program and concentrate purely in conditioning. Two different metcons with mostly bodyweight elements but I also threw in some cleans to get some barbell work done too.


Metcon. Time, 11.50

  • 3 rounds of:
  • 500m row
  • 15 pull-ups
  • 15 handstand push-ups
On the warm-up main focus was on opening my hips and getting shoulders mobile with the help of resistance band. That's a daily thing I do. Tying a knot on the pull-up bar and looking for the painful points. Works every time. Gets my joints much more prepared for the workouts ahead.

At first I wasn't too sure about the amount of reps on the hspu's. 15 sounds like a lot in a row. Then on the other hand, usually when I've done sets of 10 reps they have mostly gone unbroken. That's why I had a good confidence on going after these 15's.

It turned out that I got 2/3 rounds done ub. I'm very pleased on that. Because when the wall hits you on the hspu's it's gone then. The last round was 10-3-2. Very happy. Pull-ups were probably something alike. I'm not sure if it was 2 rounds unbroken, but the last round was 8-4-3. Rowing stayed somewhere around 1:50. At first it was 1:45, then couple of seconds slower.






Metcon. Result, 91 calories on the rower

  • 10min amrap of:
  • 4 squat clean @ 80kg
  • 20 cal row
The first workout took a good piece of my energy reserves and even though the first workout should not have burnt my legs that bad they still felt short of power when I began the second piece. It was 4 x singles to get the cleans done. I was able to do them practically without breaks in between reps. It took something between 10-20 seconds to finish those reps. I have no idea what the pace was on the Concept2 but it kept my breathing heavy anyways.







No comments:

Post a Comment