Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Wednesday 10.2: Wod, Snatches, Wod

Wednesday. 10min amrap: 20 squat, 10 db snatch @ 25kg, 10 t2b. Result, 226 reps. Every 2:00, perform 10 tng power snatch @ 40kg. Wod, 5rds of: 30 du, 10 s2o @ 40kg.

It was a nice session indeed, 3-piece action where I had two metcons - in the beginning and in the end - and some barbell cycling in the middle. Had a running clock that took me 37 minutes to finish these wods.



Metcon. Result, 226 reps (5 rounds + 6 snatches)

  • 10min amrap of:
  • 20 air squats
  • 10 dumbbell snatches, 25kg, alternating
  • 10 toes-to-bar
It was possible to jump into this without much of a warm-up. I've done this type of solutions lately every now and then. But the first metcons must then be mostly bodyweight stuff. It also works as a warm-up workout. This burned my legs definitely, especially on the snatches.



Barbell cycling.


  • Every 2:00, perform:
  • 10 touch'n'go power snatches @ 40kg
This was absolutely beneficial for me. I have rarely done longer sets of snatches so this came in handy for sure! I felt comfortable with the movement itself. That was a positive feeling after having a good break of snatch work.


It felt consistent with the bar path and I was able to bring the bar up to the hips before the last pull. That satisfied me big time.



Metcon.


  • 5 rounds of:
  • 30 double unders
  • 10 shoulder-to-overhead @ 40kg

On this one I didn't follow the clock that much. As such the workout is rather light and short. After those earlier pieces and after not having worked my shoulders that much lately this burned shoulders pretty well. Even with just 40kg on the bar. Du's went pretty well too. I foam rolled my shins prior to jumping around, that seems to be the key to success on these.






No comments:

Post a Comment