Friday, March 11, 2016

Friday 16.3: CF Open 16.3

Friday. CF Open 16.3. 7min amrap of: 10 power snatch @ 35kg, 3 bar mu's. Result, 71 reps.

It was freaking great to have a chance to workout at Toni's new affiliate. This was the second time I went there. The place is the coolest crossfit box I have ever seen. We were supposed to hit this newest crossfit open workout together they released last night. Looked like a nice workout as each and every one of them have looked like this far. Toni was busy running last minute errands for tomorrow's introduction class at the box.


CF Open 16.3. Result, 71 reps (5 rounds + 6 snatch)
  • 7 minute amrap of:
  • 10 power snatch @ 35kg
  • 3 bar muscle-ups
This looked a bit intimidating as neither of the elements were too difficult / challenging. But the clock is the frightening factor here. It's quite a short one so you shouldn't have excuses for taking breaks. On the other hand, it was a no-brainer that this is going to murder forearms. I said that the minute I saw this workout was released and that was exactly the thing, at least in my case. Jumped on this without warm-up as both elements are light anyway and I only had a limited time to hang around.




Doing sets of 10 reps with light snatches is deceptive as it's easy in the beginning and round by round it gets more painful. I did both elements unbroken as I figured it's time consuming to start picking the barbell up again or being ready to jump up to the pull-up rig again. I believe it was a good choice. Don't know what would have happened if I cut the recovery times in the transitions. That would have most definitely brought issues on being able to go unbroken.






No comments:

Post a Comment