Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Tuesday 29.3: Squats, Snatch, Row, Jerk, Burpees

Tuesday. Back squats 1x5 @ 140kg. Metcon, 21-15-9 of: power snatch @ 40kg, row for cal. Time, 6.16. Emom x 10min. Odd min, 10 push jerk @ 40kg. Even min, 10 burpees.

It was about time to get my feet at the gym for heavy barbell. This was a rough mental battle as 140kg squats were waiting for me. That's heavy for me. Then intense metcon, and some accessory emom stuff. Very good training day!

Squat set

Strength.
  • Back squat 1x5 @ 140kg
This was the crown for the squat sessions I've put up lately. It's been 7x5, 5x5, 3x5, and 1x5 sets with ascending weights. Got to say truthfully that I was nervous of this weight, and wasn't sure if I have what it takes to move this weight correctly. Then I told myself up shut up earlier today, and decided to hit this. I'm glad that I made the decision at noon because this definitely needed my entire focus.


Warm-ups included 5x60, 5x90, 3x110, 1x120, 1x130kg lifts. Those were light so my confidence and self talk were good when approaching the barbell. The view on the camera is a bit questionable but you probably get the point anyway. This must be some sort of personal record. I usually count only the one rep maxes but it is a fact that I have never lifted 5x140kg on back squats.

5x140kg


Metcon.
  • 21-15-9 of:
  • Power snatch @ 40kg
  • Row for calories
Nasty. Snatches were 15-6 on the first round, 10-5 on the second round and 6-3 on the last one. God damn my forearms were shot after this metcon! Holding either a barbell or the Concept2's handle all the time hurt forearms big time.

Rowing was also pulled with a purpose. I checked the last set's pace after the workout and it showed 1:36 on the screen. Very happy on that too. It was a decision to keep myself moving. The only thing that bothered me was the distance between the platform and the rower. I wasted a lot of time there, and had to people as the place was maybe more crowded than ever.



Accessory.
  • Every minute on the minute x 10 minutes
  • Odd min, 10 push jerks @ 40kg
  • Even min, 10 burpees
Some more work needed to be done, and because my forearms were shot I had to change my plans of deadlifts / burpees to jerks and burpees. I probably wouldn't have had the grip strength to hold on to the barbell. Jerks and burpees were a funny combo, my shoulders said. Towards the end strength started to fade away but the pace remained consistent. Good shoulder burn!




No comments:

Post a Comment