Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Wednesday 2.3: Cleans, Squats, Du's

Wednesday. Cleans, build up to a heavy double (110kg). Back squat 7x5 @ 120kg. Metcon, 5rds of: 30 du, 7 hang power clean @ 60kg.

Classic stuff in the form of oly lifts and squats. It was mind blowing to get a barbell on my back for squats as my back has been bugging me lately. Felt great today and hit some volume on the squats for that reason.



Oly.
  • Cleans, build up to a heavy double (60, 70, 80, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110kg)
It's also been some time since going this heavy on the cleans. At times the bar feels heavier but then again, as you just keep putting weight on the barbell, it keeps coming up anyway. According to some people, you should go heavy every single time you touch the bar.

Weights were good until the first rep at 105kg. The rest came up in a similar way but the rest of them didn't go as smooth up from the hole. First attempt at 105kg came up as if it was 90kg. Definitely felt heavier but I mean there wasn't same bounce from the bottom as I'm used to. Had to take a pause squat on the second rep at 105kg, and re-bounce on both lifts at 110kg. That rarely happens in my cleans so that caught my attention. I'm still very happy on these lifts as I haven't gone this heavy lately.



Strength.
  • Back squat 7x5 @ 120kg
Yeah, the weights are baby weights to be honest. On the other hand, I had to start somewhere after having a break on back squats. Focus today was on keeping the form real and go through every set of 5 reps quickly. Just one inhale on top and then back down. Loading was right on point this time. Got to build this thing up again.



Metcon.
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 30 double unders
  • 7 hang power clean @ 60kg
Got a chance to work on double unders again. Always a useful opportunity to take advantage of. Took couple of reps and it hurt shins a lot as usual. I took a foam roll, went back and forth couple of times on that and it helped big time, and allowed me to go for doubles. This was fun little action in the end of the training session.



No comments:

Post a Comment