Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Monday 11.4: Jerk, SkiErg, Row, Squat

Monday. Push jerk 5x10 (up to 70kg). Metcon, 5rds of: 1min SkiErg, 1min Row, 1min air squats.

I was on a business trip to Tallinn, Estonia, for the second time in less than 2 weeks. We hit the gym with Ville and Fredu after work. Luckily there is also a place for more functional fitness even though it's pretty much a "globo gym" type of place.



Overhead.
  • Push jerk 5x10 @ 60, 65, 70, 65, 60kg
Couple of longer sets of putting a barbell overhead. There was lack of space and people came close to me. Too close if you ask me considering I was having a barbell on front rack. Anyway it felt good to put some weight on straight hands. Built up to 70kg and then came back to 60kg as a pyramid.



Metcon.
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 1min skierg
  • 1min row
  • 1min air squats
God damnit I love that SkiErg machine. It simulates as you were cross-country skiing which is basically the thing what people do in Finland during winters. I've always hated that sport though =) Last time when I was on skis was as a little kiddo in elementary school. This SkiErg is a killer of a machine. Definitely shoots the triceps, burns legs and forces to breath heavy.



There were 3 of us, one for each station, and then we rotated between the stations after every 60 seconds. I have no idea what the pace on the SkiErg was. Rowing was somewhere at 1:46 pace. Squats were 35 on the first round, then 32 for the next two rounds, next was 33 and the last one was clearly the most efficient with 43 reps. Huh, my legs were so numb after the last squats. Hard to describe.




No comments:

Post a Comment