Monday, April 4, 2016

Monday 4.4: Clean and jerks, Air Force

Monday. Emom x 10min: 3 c&j @ 70kg. Benchmark wod Air Force. Time, 7.51 (PR)

Rough day huh. That Air Force is one nasty maddafakka. I took clean and jerks in emom style with a little heavier weight than normally in barbell conditioning workouts. Then a blast from the past in the form of that benchmark workout. That sealed the day perfectly.



Oly.
  • Every minute on the minute x 10 minutes
  • 3 clean and jerks @ 70kg
It was great to smash that barbell up and down. Focus was to keep the barbell moving touch'n'go on the ground and on the front rack. No pausing at any stage. Went for triples at 70kg which is basically 10kg more than normally when keeping a bar moving constantly. These felt pretty good even though I haven't done c&j's in a while.




Air Force. Time, 7.51 (PR). Compare to 25.11.2014
  • 20 thrusters, 42.kg
  • 20 sumo deadlift high-pulls, 42.5kg
  • 20 push jerks, 42.5kg
  • 20 overhead squats, 42.5kg
  • 20 front squats, 42.5kg
  • Every minute on the minute, complete 4 burpees
It's been about 1.5 years since I've done this benchmark workout. It's been in my mind in the past weeks and months but it's a nasty one so maybe that's the reason I've been putting it in the background. Those punishment burpees are cruel.


My mental game was clearly better than before and I'm extremely happy on this matter. Especially on thrusters and sdhp's. Jerks were okay but it would have been cool to smash then faster. Overhead squats looked ugly and felt miserable. That was not a surprise though.


What I'm super happy about is the way I finished the workout. Grabbed the bar after ohs's to get couple of reps done before the hopefully last burpees. I was definitely not going to complete a single burpee anymore so I fought through the 15 front squats even though my legs were very weak at that point and my mind wanted to put the bar down and go to bed.


It took me a good time to recover from this but I'm super happy for completing this! This was a 2min personal record on this benchmark wod.





No comments:

Post a Comment