Monday, May 16, 2016

Monday 16.5: Snatches and Cleans

Monday. Emom x 15min: Snatch (up to PR 72kg). Emom x 15min: 2 cleans (up to 100kg).

Did you watch the Crossfit Regionals during the weekend. It was great to get some competition action streamed at games.crossfit.com throughout the weekend from Friday to Sunday. Pacific, South and California regions threw down first. The events were as tough as they looked like beforehand. It was cool to see those guys attack them. It was a nice surprise that Josh Bridges smashed also the big weights in every event even though he's not a monster in size. Dan Bailey being left out from the Games was a bummer though. So many super athletes were competing for those 5 tickets to Carson that everybody can't go.




Oly.
  • Every minute on the minute x 16 minutes:
  • 1 snatches (50, 50, 50, 55, 55, 55, 60, 60, 60, 62, 64, 66, 68, 70, PR 71, PR 72kg)
  • Every minute on the minute x 15 minutes:
  • 2 cleans (80, 80, 80, 85, 85, 85, 90, 90, 90, 95, 95, 95, 100, 100, 100kg)
My muscles felt good after the HC Triplet but somehow my body felt worn down in general. Probably due to the three workouts completed on Saturday. Decided to go by feeling on this one. No pressure, just take some lifts on the snatch if I could get my hip mobility on point. I took my time with the warm-up and started taking singles at light weights. It felt like I would definitely stay light all day.

However, it was emom and I decided to go up after every 3 minutes, starting at 50kg, then 55kg and finally 60kg. Those felt nice so I just added 2kg after each set every minute after the initial plan. That 64kg was something that startled me. It felt super good and I surprised myself by really dropping under the barbell. Yes, it might sound funny looking at my snatches =) But that was the feeling I had on that specific lift, and it boosted my confidence to ridiculous levels. So I just kept adding little plates on the bar until I got to 70kg.

Only once in my life have I got 70kg up, and that must have been something like 2 years ago. It's a threshold that has frightened me for too long. That should be a given on any training day in my opinion. My snatch is currently pathetic. Got that 70kg and was pumped over it! Decided to take it safe and add just 1kg on top of that to nail a personal record. That was ugly as hell so I added another kilo to get a better lift completed. Another Personal Record saw the daylight at 72kg boom!

Then it was time to get some cleans under my belt. Took doubles every minute for 15 minutes. Starting at 80kg, and going up 5kg after every 3 minutes. Last weight at 100kg. These were cool too.




No comments:

Post a Comment