Monday, May 2, 2016

Monday 2.5: Clean and jerk, Pull-ups, Ghd

Monday. Clean and jerk 1+3 (up to 84kg). Metcon, 5rds of: 4 c&j @ 70kg, 12 pull-ups, 16 ghd. Time, 11.57.

The past clean and jerk or anyhow overhead type of sessions have felt great so I continued that mood by hitting another c&j session. Then metcon including overhead, pull-ups and core work. Holy smoke my hip flexors were on fire.




Oly.
  • Clean and jerk 1+3 (60 70, 75, 80, 82, 84kg)
These felt good all the way. Just a little shaky on some reps but in general I'm happy with how the barbell moved. These were all touch'n'go jerks which add the pleasure in my head. I didn't even think about it at the moment but now as I go back I got to say it was a big thing.



Metcon. Time, 11.57
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 4 clean and jerk @ 70kg
  • 12 pull-ups
  • 16 ghd sit-ups
Clean and jerks were quick singles each round. It's great that 70kg barbell moves this well. That is by no means an issue to put the barbell overhead. Surely it gets my heart rate up and it takes a toll on the body in overall sense but the main thing is that the bar moves nicely.

Pull-ups were destined to be unbroken and that plan got carried through I wanted it to be. Last round was agony but I got them done. Ghd's were much more painful than normally. It was probably the entire combination that made my hip flexors sore, numb and everything else. It was a lot to handle but oh so good workout!



No comments:

Post a Comment