Sunday, May 29, 2016

Saturday 28.5: Thrusters, Sled pull, Front squats

Saturday. Emom x 20min: 5 thrusters (up to 60kg). Metcon, 10rds of: 15m sled pull with a rope, standing + 5 front squats @ 90kg.

This was a great session to say the least! I loved both of the workouts thrown at me. Okay I was the guy to write these conditioning pieces but anyway, you got the point. Rope pulls have always been awesome when I've tried them but they tend to stay in the background for quite a while before I remember to do them again. That just seems to be the pattern. I saw them at one year's Crossfit Games and that's where the idea came from.



Barbell conditioning.
  • Every minute on the minute for 20 minutes: 5 thrusters
  • 1-5min: 30kg
  • 6-10min: 40kg
  • 11-15min: 50kg
  • 16-20min: 60kg

Starting light, almost like a warm-up kind of approach. Just mobilized joints in upper and lower body, then grabbed the barbell and went for it. Five reps per minute. Five minute per load, then add 10kg on the bar. Last sets at 60kg. Last 10 minutes the weight got be breathing.



This was tolerable but started to get uncomfortable for sure. Next barbell would have gotten me for sure, at least at some point. It felt awkward in both of my shoulders for the latter half of this workout but other than that this was great!


Metcon.
  • 10 rounds of:
  • 15m sled pull with a rope, standing @ 80kg
  • 5 front squats @ 90kg
Something little different. This hurt more in my legs than upper body which surprised me somewhat. The distance on the grass matt is 20 meters so I'd estimate this was 15m travel pulling the 80kg sled with rope.



It was an entire body burn towards the end and breathing was heavy as well. Very good mixture of elements stirred up in this one.





No comments:

Post a Comment