Sunday, May 8, 2016

Sunday 8.5: Gymnastics, Intervals

Sunday. Gymnastics, strict mu training. Intervals, every 3:30 for 5 sets: 10 pistols, 15 pull-ups, 20 wb's.

This day concentrated in skills training and intervals for conditioning. I got the inspiration to practice strict ring muscle-ups from CF Regionals and as I saw one of my buddies nail some of them just couple of days ago. I haven't tried one in years so I had no idea how they would be like. Afterwards pretty much bodyweight interval work for engine.



Gymnastics.

  • Strict muscle-up training
Took maybe 10 attempts to get one. Not today but in the future I'll take one. I just need some coaching for this. Got to ask Lauri at the gym how to do one. I did use false grip for these, and got my hand ripped from the wrist. It's unbelievable how easily my hands get ripped on muscle-ups and pull-ups if they are not protected. Blisters, tears and rips all the way.



The thing is I need to keep the rings closer to my chest. That part felt difficult. They easily go apart. Another thing is that on the last reps I remembered to lean backwards on the first moments of pulling. Maybe I should maintain that position a notch longer before pushing forward with my chest, or something.

Recap


These felt much better than they were ages ago when I last time attempted these. It was a very feeling as these have gotten a lot better. I believe this is achievable.



Intervals.

  • Every 3:30, for 5 sets, all in
  • 10 pistol squats
  • 15 pull-ups
  • 20 wall ball shots



Decided to hit some interval work to get blood running in this body. Pistols, pull-ups and wb's. Tried to minimize the recovery time between elements. I'm very happy I got the pull-ups done without them getting too taxing. I thought they might be the ones that get me today but luckily they feel rather strong now. Went unbroken each time. One round might have been something 1:30 per round, not quite sure, didn't time them that precisely, just kept moving.


One extra set of 15 pull-ups



No comments:

Post a Comment