Thursday, May 19, 2016

Thursday 19.5: Row, Ghd, Box, Snatch, Burpee

Thursday. Metcon, 3rds of: 30 cal row, 30 ghd, 30 box jump overs. Time, 14.10. Metcon, 8min amrap of db snatch (25kg) and burpees.

The playoffs started today in the Ice Hockey World Championships. Had to rush home after work to check Finland win Denmark. Got to say there seemed not to be a lot of feeling and will to win but on either team's mentality. Still, Finland won and moved on to compete against Germany or the comp host Russia. I found a chance to hit the gym after the game.



Metcon. Time, 14.10
  • 3 rounds of:
  • 30 cal row
  • 30 ghd sit-ups
  • 30 box jump overs
This was all about hip flexors. Every movement put pressure on those areas and it took a while after the metcon to recover. No idea of the row pace, I just looked at the calories and kept pulling. Ghd's were unbroken on the first round. On the second round I broke it to 18-12, and 12-10-8 on the last round. Core stayed good on these, it was all about the hip flexors. On the box overs I paced myself but never stopped moving.




Metcon. Result, 116 reps
  • 8min amrap
  • 2-2, 4-4, 6-6… of:
  • Dumbbell snatches @ 25kg
  • Burpees
My plan was to hit another metcon today so after recovering for a while I came up with this one. One training partner hit something with db snatches and burpees and it sounded good so I modified it to this one. This was a perfect conditioning piece. Got my breathing high and the overall fatigue hit me little by little.




No comments:

Post a Comment