Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Wednesday 11.5: Clean, Hspu, Pistols, Pull-ups

Wednesday. Every 30sec, for 10 min: clean (up to 100kg). Wod, 6rds of: 10 hspu, 10 pistols, 15 pull-ups.

Some oly lifts to begin with, then Mary-style practice to hone on my gymnastics skills. By the way, it's getting closer. The Crossfit Regionals I mean. On Friday the first athletes are going to throw down in California. It's gonna be freaking awesome!



Oly.

  • Every 30 seconds, for 10 minutes
  • 1 squat clean
  • 0-2min: 80kg
  • 2-4min: 85kg
  • 4-6min: 90kg
  • 6-8min: 95kg
  • 8-10min: 100kg

This was one squat clean per 30 seconds. And after every 2 minutes I put 5kg more weight on the barbell, starting at 80kg and finishing at 100kg. I'm happy on these lifts. First ones were easy, and the jumps were moderate so my body adjusted well to those weights. It was good to see the 100kg cleans went down well too. It's cool to be able to move that weight. Sometimes I take that for granted but then again looking back occasionally from where I come from this is good progress. Wasn't able to clean 50kg when I started crossfit =)



Metcon.

  • 6 rounds of:
  • 10 handstand push-ups
  • 10 pistol squats
  • 15 pull-ups

Didn't time this one and I took it easier than a normal metcon. Wasn't looking for the best possible time. Instead, focused on going unbroken on the sets. Not that I took too much recovery anyway. This burned my lungs anyway. These movements tend to do so at least in my case. Last set of hspu's had to be broken to two sets but other than that it was ub. It is also good to witness doing sets of 15 pull-ups quite often and I've been able to do most of them unbroken.




No comments:

Post a Comment