Thursday, June 16, 2016

Thursday 16.6: Squats, Overhead kb lunges

Thursday. Back squat 5-5-5-3-3-3-1-1-1 @ 130kg. Accessory, 10x10 overhead walking lunges @ 2x16kg db's.

It's been a while since doing back squats for strength. Different styles of squats have been part of my training but pure back squats not in the near history. It takes time for me to get warm for the squats so it usually takes the entire training time slot I have reserved for the day. Today it was about time to hit it again. It seems to fluctuate on the squats. Sometimes I squat a lot, and sometimes it goes to the background.



Strength.

  • Back squats 5-5-5-3-3-3-1-1-1 @ 130kg
I had determined the reps and weights beforehand so it was easy to build up and just start doing the reps. It was heavy for sure but still I had positive mind entering the first set. Got the first 3 sets completed as prescribed.

Triples were okay too all but the last rep. Should have waited a little bit more on top as I rushed it and failed to bounce back up. First single was miserable, maybe because of that failed rep just a moment ago. I took it pretty quickly without recovery. Last two singles were much better.



Accessory.
  • 10x10 overhead walking lunges with 2x16kg kettlebells
  • Rest as needed between sets
My legs were done after the squat session and time was ticking. Decided to go for something more rare. Upstairs there are a bunch of kettlebells so I went to play with them. Took one kettlebell on each hand, threw them overhead and started lunging. One 10m leg down the floor, drop the bells, pick them back up and repeat for a total of 10x10 meters. Good stuff. Really burned mostly my shoulders. Nice way to work on them.





No comments:

Post a Comment