Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Monday 4.7: Sandbag, Snatch + Run, Pull-ups, Push-ups, Squats

Monday. AM. Metcon, 10rds of: sandbag carry (80-100m), 12 db snatch @ 25kg. PM. Metcon, 3k run, 10rds of Cindy, 3k run.




Metcon.
  • 10 rounds of:
  • Sandbag carry for 80-100m
  • 6/6 dumbbell snatches @ 25kg
Those dumbbells that I bought couple of months ago have really paid off. The benefits have been huge. Working outdoors is easy when you have those little bastards with you. On Monday morning I combined sandbag and dumbbells for a 10-rounder.


Sandy is probably only somewhere at 20 kilos so lifting it ground-to-shoulder wouldn't be that bad but running with it is nasty for sure. I grabbed the bag, went down the road and back. Distance was somewhere around 40-50m, some decline on the way down and incline on the way back.


Those burned my legs and put breathing go heavy. I had a strategy of dropping the bag, walking to the dumbbell and start snatching. Once I reached the db, I was forced to take the first rep right away. Six reps at right hand, then change. Focus on all the metcons the last couple of days has been on keeping myself moving.


Metcon.
  • 3k run
  • 10 rounds of Cindy (5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 air squats)
  • 3k run
Because of our little newborn, the warm-up and cool-down parts have been quite short the past days =) On this one I figured running on the first round would work as a warm-up. Took it easy in the very beginning, then sped up especially on the latter run portion.

It was surprising how difficult the pull-ups turned out to be. Went strict with them. Also squats were a good battle. Breathing was heavy almost all the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment