Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Wednesday 13.7: Jerk, Ghd, Push-ups, Row

Wednesday. Push jerk 5's (up to 80kg). Metcon, 6rds of: 15 t2b / ghd, 15 push-ups, 15 cal row.

Yesterday's Holleyman with Toni really feels this morning. My traps are sore as hell which means to say those 30x95kg power cleans were really heavy for me. It was one heck of a workout, and I liked it a lot. Especially doing it with my best pal.



Overhead.
  • Push jerk 5's (60, 70, 75, 80, 80, 80kg)
In the morning I went to hit another session. Overhead strength and a conditioning piece to seal the deal. This jerk thing has really gotten to another level. I'm extremely happy about it. It's very cool to see that 80-90kg bar goes up nicely. Recently I did 5x85kg and 3x90kg sets for personal records where 90kg is also my 1 rep max. Seems like there's some room to go heavier.

Today I decided to stay at around 80kg for couple of sets, and felt good on those sets. On the last set (on video) I had to correct my feet which didn't please me but overall I'm very happy on the performance.



Metcon.
  • 6 rounds of:
  • 15 toes-to-bar / ghd sit-ups
  • 15 push-ups
  • 15 cal row
Plan was to do ghd sit-ups for all 6 rounds but just when I was about to start the machine got occupied so I changed it to t2b's on the fly. In the end it was 3 rounds of t2b's and 3 rounds of ghd's. Went unbroken on the first round of toes-to-bar's, and the other two had to be broken up, don't quite recall how. Second set of t2b's were probably 9-6 or 9-3-3, and the last set maybe 5-4-3-2-1. Yeah, I'm quite sure this is how it went.

Push-ups were unbroken, easier than I thought. On the rower I have no idea of the pace as I only stared on the calories on the digital screen. Anyway, this was a good metabolic conditioning portion for the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment