Friday, August 26, 2016

Thursday 25.8: Bear Complex

Thursday. Metcon, 30 bear complex @ 70kg. Time, 18.34

Barbell conditioning, and muscle endurance. Clear agenda for Thursday.




Metcon. Time, 18.34
  • 30 x bear complex, for time:
  • Power clean
  • Front squat
  • Push jerk
  • Back squat
  • Thruster
  • Barbell @ 70kg all the way
This felt like a good idea the day before. Not anymore after 10 reps. In my mind the demons tried to hold me back and quit the workout at 20 reps but I kept mentally strong and continued forward. This sucked ass big time, no doubt, but it was a pleasure at the same time. Loved it!



No wonder the last lift (thrusters right from back squat) of every rep was the hardest. One rep constituted of those five movements (clean, squat, jerk, squat, thruster). Took 30 "reps" of that combination for time. In my mind I kept pushing through in sets of 5 reps. After every 5 reps I tapped the timer to see how my pace changes. Split times were 2:17, 2:52, 3:18, 3:23, 3:31, 3:11. That means 6 sets of 5 reps.



No comments:

Post a Comment