Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Wednesday 24.8: Hspu, Pistols, Squat, Deads, Box

Wednesday. Gymnastics, emom x 12min: odd 10 hspu, even 10 pistols. Front squat 6x2 @ 110kg. Metcon, 10 deads (100-130kg), 10 box. Time, 6.18.

Got one hour to improve my fitness. There was some good planning so I found a way to sneak three pieces in one session to get more volume. Gymnastics, strength and conditioning.




Gymnastics.
  • Every minute on the minute x 12 minutes
  • Odd min, 10 handstand push-ups
  • Even min, 10 pistol squats
After short warm-up I just threw myself against the wall and went for a set of handstand push-ups, 10 reps per set. I knew hspu's would probably go well but pistols were a mystery. Haven't done those in a while, and I'd say my leg strength is not at its highest level of all times. Left leg was good but right felt a notch weaker. Still, this portion was okay!



Strength.
  • Front squat 6x2 @ 110kg
110kg is 80% of my 1RM and something I can move nicely for small sets. That's why I did these every 2:00. Recovery was definitely enough. Sets were good all the way. I'm waiting how the game changes as there gonna be bigger sets at this weight.



Metcon. Time, 6.18
  • 10 deadlifts @ 100kg
  • 15 box
  • 10 deadlifts @ 110kg
  • 15 box
  • 10 deadlifts @ 120kg
  • 15 box
  • 10 deadlifts @ 130kg
  • 15 box
Deadlifts and box jumps are quite a combo, you probably know that. Idea was to do 10 deads with ascending weights, and 15 box jumps between deads. Focus was to do both elements unbroken, and I got that. Got to admit I wanted to drop the bar on 120kg and 130kg sets but got through those thoughts and finished with pride.




No comments:

Post a Comment