Thursday, August 4, 2016

Wednesday 3.8: Front squats, Burpees, Sled

Wednesday. Front squat 6x2 @ 110kg. Metcon, 20min amrap of: 5 front squat @ 70kg, 10 burpees, 20m sled. Result, 9rds.

Main focus was on killing my legs. Goal reached. Front squat doubles in the beginning and a longer amrap in the end. Legs and breathing were definitely taking big hits.



Strength.
  • Front squat 6x2 @ 110kg
This is something I have taken from weightlifting101. Not being that strict with it though. Regarding the schedule. There should be squatting 3 times a week but I squat when I squat. Then I follow that program. The sets are destined at 80% which is less than I am used to go when I squat.



Metcon. Result, 9 rounds
  • 20min amrap of:
  • 5 front squats @ 70kg (from ground)
  • 10 burpees
  • 20m sled push @ 55kg (+sled)
This was unbroken stuff for sure but it got tough pretty soon. Legs were under tension continuously so I had to take some recovery before and after sled push. However, the round times stayed quite consistent, and I'm happy on the performance. It was a sweaty 20 minutes and felt like pure crossfit. Good session!




No comments:

Post a Comment