Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sunday 23.12: Deadlift, back squat

Sunday. Deadlift (max 160kg) and back squat (max 120kg), 5 reps alternating.

I concentrated purely on strength training today, purpose was not to reach my maxes or close because I'm still fighting against some sort of flu that came two days ago. That's the reason why I didn't want to do any metabolic training today and my rowing warm-up was very slow, just trying to wake up my body. Don't get me wrong, I'm not having fever but my throat and nose are not feeling normal. If I was totally sick, I wouldn't have gone to the gym at all, naturally.



Strength. Alternating two strength movements, aiming for 5 reps each every time for 5 sets.

  • Deadlift 5-5-5-3-1 (130, 140, 150, 155, 160kg)
  • Back squat 5-5-5-5-5 (90, 100, 110, 115, 120kg)

I tried something different today, alternating two basic strength movements, deadlift and back squat, not for time but for quality. The goal was to do 5 sets of 5 reps each. I started with 130kg deadlift and continued with 90kg back squat. My deadlift went in fives up to 150kg. On the 155kg my right hand slipped on the fourth rep so I didn't get full amount of reps. Then 160kg is rather heavy so I decided in advance to take a single rep.

I haven't done back squat fives for a while so I liked this one. I had a good feeling and I thought my range of motion was good. Now afterwards as I took a look at the videos I didn't like the depth of my squat at all so I'm not gonna post them here :) However, you'll find them in the Youtube Channel as always. I reached 120kg, each set included 5 reps.

Deadlift , 150kg


2 comments:

  1. That 110 back squat video made me laugh :). Not because of the performance but that "frosty the snowman" song playing while you're were squatting was just funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah it was all about christmas songs at the gym :=)

    ReplyDelete