Saturday, December 13, 2014

Saturday 13.12: Cj emom and DT

Saturday. Clean and jerk emom x 5min: 2 reps @ 80kg. Benchmark wod DT, time 11.30.

Tonight we are heading to celebrate one of Pauliina's best friend's graduation. It was also great to sleep for a good 10h last night. For the entire week I got only something like 6-7h of sleep, and that's okay, I'll manage with that but I'd take 1-2h more every night with great pleasure. So it's classic that on Saturday we sleep late and load the batteries. In the early afternoon I hit the gym for a benchmark workout DT, tough stuff.




Clean and jerk.

  • Every minute on the minute for 5 minutes:
  • 2 reps @ 80kg

I concentrated in my technique prior to this emom workout with lighter weights, in my warm-up section. Focus was on bringing the bar higher on my thighs in the power clean and then speed on the push jerk or split jerk. I don't have that much time to analyze so I'll let you be the judge on the videos below.

Warming up


This emom workout was great. 80kg is rather heavy for me, especially on multiple reps. It starts to get uncomfortable. However, I felt like the reps looked pretty solid and similar which is always a positive sign in my eye.

Emom x 5min


DT. Time, 11.30

  • 5 rounds of:
  • 12 deadlift, 70kg
  • 9 hang power clean, 70kg
  • 6 push jerk, 70kg

Uuh… I got 4 rounds on video, then someone came to the gym and battery was about to run dead anyway. Took the deadlifts unbroken, they were the easiest part of this one. Used clean grip / hook grip on them all the way.

Got hang power cleans unbroken for 2 rounds, then divided them into two parts. Those started to get nasty, very nasty. I could have maybe smashed them unbroken too but that would have had huge impact on my push jerks and that was not gonna happen.

4 rounds of DT

Push jerks were the most challenging part of the workout. My only goal in this workout was to get them unbroken so I did some strategic work with cleans in order to save energy for the jerks. And I finally got every round ub on the jerks, good job.

Great workout to say the least. Very challenging for muscles, shoulders especially. Breathing was also heavy most of the times. Grip strength was also a bit of an issue even though I used hook grip. Good one!



No comments:

Post a Comment