Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday 3.5: Squat / db snatch metcon

Friday. Metcon of back squats and db snatches.

Turned weekly back squats to a high rep bodyweight back squats to a couplet with heavy high-rep dumbbell snatches. Toni and Pauliina at the gym as well, Toni concentrating in strength training. Good variation and my legs were in good shape after the sprints.



Metcon. Compare to 26th November 2012.

  • 18 back squats, bodyweight
  • 20 db snatches, 25kg
  • 15 back squats, bodyweight
  • 20 db snatches, 25kg
  • 12 back squats, bodyweight
  • 20 db snatches, 25kg
  • 9 back squats, bodyweight
  • 20 db snatches, 25kg
  • 6 back squats, bodyweight
  • 20 db snatches, 25kg

Did this type of workout half a year ago, only switched pull-ups to dumbbell snatches and added 20kg on the barbell. This time the load was 80kg. On the db snatches I used 25kg dumbbell and completed the reps 5 with right hand, 5 left, 5 right and 5 left.

It was a consuming workout, not against time. Did each set unbroken, I believe my muscle endurance has improved as I was able to do those back squats without having to rest the bar on the rack at all. Had to take in a few breaths at times but still managed to push it through. I believe the depth of the squats was the best I could do, don't think there's anything to think about. Hope I can maintain that with heavier loads.


Squats, 12 reps

The dumbbell snatches were very demanding towards the end. 20 reps each round, 5 rounds is a total of 100 reps with 25kg did take its toll on me. I managed to do the reps pretty much in a row but it was tough. Unfortunately I couldn't catch those on vid as the memory card was surprisingly full.

Dumbbell snatches, memory card came full


Toni's workouts. Deadlifts and bench as strength.

  • Deadlift 7x3 (110, 115, 120, 125, 130, 135, 140kg)
  • Bench press, some sets, max was 1x100kg




1 comment:

  1. In still felt the First of may in my body but I'm pleased about how my deadlifts went today. I was able to hit that 140 x 3 easily. Next time I will put 150 kg.

    Today I will do some front squats and some body weight metcon.

    ReplyDelete