Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thursday 26.6: Bench, pull-ups and burpees

Thursday. Strength, 7x3 bench press. Workout, emom x 8min: 7 pull-ups + 7 burpees.

Yesterday's 50s workout kind of hurts in my body. My entire posterior chain is feeling it. Back, hamstrings and calves were all sensitive throughout the day. It didn't prevent training but I wasn't at my freshest moment in the afternoon. That's why I took it easier this time. Some bench triples and then bodyweight emom style workout. But there's something very joyful in the day too. After 2 years of thinking about it, I finally got my head around it and ordered a wall ball from Germany, so I'm a new proud owner of a 9kg wall ball, c'mon!!!



Strength. Bench
  • Bench press 7x3 (80, 90, 90, 85, 85, 85, 85kg)
I'm wondering when was the last time I benched. It must have been in April or early May… No idea whatsoever when it took place. Every time I bench it feels like a rest day. As a movement it's not something I get a lot of satisfaction. It focuses so much on those isolated muscles instead of developing entire body which is the reason I tend to neglect this one. Every once in a while I'll add it in. Usually when I have a lighter day of some sort.

I took triples all the way after warming up for longer sets of 60-70kg. First set @ 80kg was easy so I jumped up to 90kg and to took 2 sets with this weight. I didn't have a spotter and the latter set was a bit on the heavy side so I dropped 5kg from there to finish the remaining 4 sets. Those felt good all the way. I think I could have done more sets with 90kg.

A throwdown in Finland, the preliminary elimination round for qualifying for "Karjalan Kovin". 3 parts. 1st part, 5min amrap of box jump overs + thrusters. 2nd, 6min to find S2O 1RM. 3rd, 10min amrap of power clean + C2B + DU's.


Workout.
  • Every minute on the minute, for 8min
  • 7 pull-ups + 7 burpees
This was something I liked to take in the end to get my breathing going. I got those reps done in about 25 seconds each round, unbroken with same consistent pace every minute. Pull-ups were a walk in the park all the way, no prob. Burpees went on with same pace too all the time but they started to feel consuming on my chest because of those bench presses prior to this workout. I still got them done solidly.

It was a lighter day for sure but it was good to have some bench in my system and pull-ups / burpees as an emom workout. I'll better start thinking about tomorrow's workouts now!





No comments:

Post a Comment