Saturday, August 2, 2014

Saturday 2.8: Power clean emom, 3min amrap

Saturday. Strength, power clean emom. 1-6min 2 reps, 7-12min 1 rep power clean (max 95kg). Metcon, 3min amrap of: 3 power clean, 6 push-ups, 9 squats. Result 115 reps.

Today we are getting together with the family from Pauliina's side. It's an annual tradition to gather up and enjoy the company of nice people around us, hosted by my in-laws. I woke up a little earlier to get a chance to sneak to the gym for some crossfit.



Strength. Emom
  • Minutes 1-6, 2 power cleans (80, 80, 82.5, 82.5, 85, 85kg)
  • Minutes 7-12, 1 power clean (87.5, 90, 92.5, 95, 90, 90kg)
I watched documents of Crossfit Games Champions Mikko Salo, Graham Holmberg and Rich Froning the last couple of days and got this inspiration from Holmberg. The idea was to challenge yourself with the weights on the power clean. I did exactly that. My squat clean is way better than my power clean so it seemed like a good option to power clean the barbell.

For the first 6 minutes you do doubles, then turn to singles. And preferably go up in the weights as you progress. This was every minute on the minutes stuff so there wasn't that much time to recover before the next lift.

I performed this one well. My max power clean before this day was 90kg. And I actually did that record lift couple of weeks ago. So actually it's gone up about 10kg in the past month or so. Not bad!



Metcon. Result, 115 reps
  • 3min amrap of:
  • 3 power clean, 60kg
  • 6 push-ups
  • 9 air squats

My schedule was a bit tight so I didn't have time for a good old metcon so I took a quick one. You probably know benchmark workout Chief. This was one round of Chief with all I got. All in effort and the result was 6 full rounds and 3 power cleans plus 4 push-ups before the 3min time cap came up. In Chief I've done about 5 rounds per amrap. There's a total of 5 x 3min amraps in that workout, with 1min rest between amraps.







1 comment:

  1. I updated another video, from the amrap. Check it out! -Don

    ReplyDelete