Thursday, August 21, 2014

Thursday 21.8: Clean and Jerk complex, metcon

Thursday. Barbell, complex of 1 clean + 3 jerk (max 85kg). Metcon, 2rds of Cindy, then 5 c&j (60kg), 1min rest. For a total of 5 sets.

It was a tough day. I mean it felt heavy from the beginning on the jerks and I didn't quite get it going at any moment as I wanted. My work day was not cool at all. We were in a long seminar day and there were no possibility to stand up pretty much at all during the day. You should never have people sit down for a whole day. Huh, that wasn't great for the body, especially as I'm used to move all the time during day. Anyway, I went home, ate with my baby and then headed to the gym together with Pauliina.



Barbell. Clean and jerk complex
  • 1 squat clean + 3 split jerk
  • 60, 70, 80, 85kg
Had something a lot heavier in mind but it simply felt a little to awkward from the beginning and I couldn't find my technique in place. Cleans were light all the time, as they should have been, but the overhead party was too shaky even with light weights. Maybe it was just lack of concentration here, I admit that. Took just couple of sets with moderate weights.


Barbell work and maybe last 2 rounds of the metcon


Metcon.
  • 5 sets of:
  • 2 rounds of Cindy (5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 squats) + 5 clean & jerk, 60kg
  • 1min rest between sets
My thoughts were on a "twisted Cindy" consisting of normal Cindy with clean and jerks in an ascending ladder every round. However, my energy wasn't quite there so I did a lighter version of the same movements. This was a good interval action of about 1:40 per set. There was a 60 second rest period at the end of each interval. The idea was to being able to go hard at every set.

I had to break the last set of push-ups, other than that I guess I pushed them unbroken. Pull-ups were like feather light, squats started to make my quads and hammies heavy but I did them unbroken too. Clean and jerks went in touch'n'go style all the way.

There's not much to be told to the future generations about this workout. Barbell complex was off track a bit so I just basically wanted to get my lungs work well and I reached that goal. I was gassed after the interval work. Great workout by the way!



No comments:

Post a Comment