Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Wednesday 28.1: Mainsite + Thrusters, t2b

Wednesday. Mainsite workout from today, overhead complex. Metcon, 7min amrap, 3-3, 6-6, 9-9... of: Thrusters (42.5kg), t2b. Result, 102

Took a long session today of which big portion went to mobilizing my body. It really feels good sometimes to have that much time to maintain the body. First part was directly taken from the mainsite crossfit.com, Wednesday's wod.



Overhead complex.
  • 7 sets of:
  • 1 thruster
  • 1 push press
  • 1 push jerk
  • 1 split jerk
  • Loads: 70, 72.5, 75, 77.5, 80, 82.5, 85kg


It was a funny coincident that I had thought about doing a complex of push press - push jerk - split jerk today. As I woke up today, there stood one pretty much the same workout at crossfit.com. Only difference was that it started with a thruster. Not a bad idea so I took it!

Got off with 70kg,  and added 2.5kg per set. It was a rare moment to do as heavy thrusters as I did today. For some reason those are usually the classic 42.5kg / 95lbs in a metcon but almost never as a strength part of the training session.

The only set where I couldn't finish as planned was the last one. I couldn't nail the push jerk. Actually I didn't even try as the push press was so tight that I barely got it up. Push press seems easier for me than push jerk. Must be something to do with shoulder mobility. Or then not. It feels somehow tighter.

Metcon. Result, 15's + 12 thrusters
  • 7min amrap of: 3-3, 6-6, 9-9... of:
  • Thruster, 42.5kg
  • T2b

This was a lot of fun. Thrusters are great for sure. Nasty but effective. Toes-to-bar made a good combo with them. It was a lot of breathing and burning in shoulders. That 7min time was perfect for this combination. I got the round of 15's done and then 12 thrusters on the round of 18's.


No comments:

Post a Comment