Saturday, February 28, 2015

Saturday 28.2: Running

Saturday. Run 45 minutes.

My body felt like it has been hammered for a while. The entire training week was kind of brutal. Lots of barbell work and toward the heavier side so it was no wonder this body felt like it needed a day off from hard work. It wasn't going to be a full rest day anyways. At first I thought about taking either wall ball or kettlebell with me and do a metcon with them.



Then on the other hand, I haven't been running outdoors practically in ages so I took my sneakers, wore a beanie and went running for 45 minutes. Just smelled the air in Helsinki's central park, listened to birds singing and just smelling the nature. Not bad, I enjoyed it. This was low heart rate running, not a timed hard core effort. Building basic aerobic capacity.


It probably wouldn't do any harm if I went running once or twice a week like this. Low pace running for a bit longer or then slightly faster but shorter time domain. I tend to to get a little knee pain if I run for too long. Something maybe in my running technique, go figure. But doing shorter time runs or sprints is always okay. Having running as part of a metcon is a perfect tool for a great workout.




In the evening we went to have a splendid dinner with Toni, Pauliina and some other friends in a restaurant called Pastor in downtown Helsinki. Delicious, no doubt! Good times in great company. Great to see these funny people and have a blast.







No comments:

Post a Comment