Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday 22.1: Snatch, Squat, Deads, Hspu

Friday. Emom x 10min: 2 hang snatch (50kg). Back squats 5x5 (120kg). Metcon, 3rds of: 7 hspu (110kg), 10 hspu, 30 air squats.

My plan was to get a long session at the gym after a rest day. Got to be honest to myself that this wasn't the best of sessions. My wrist has been sore this week without any good reason and it's been bugging me, today as well.



Oly.
  • Every minute on the minute x 10 minutes
  • 1 snatch pull + 2 hang snatch
Wrist prevented me to go heavier on these. Maybe timing was a bit off anyway but I'll take this. The weight itself wasn't too bad and I played with it in the end with couple more reps for fun. I just wanted to work on this movement.



Strength.
  • Back squat 5x5 @ 120kg
I really like this one. Squats are the best. Today I kept it light though. But squats should be part of almost daily program. If I had enough time I'd go for squats more often. My back felt tight on the snatches and transferred to the squats too.


Old school


Metcon.
  • 3 rounds of:
  • 7 deadlift @ 110kg
  • 10 handstand push-ups
  • 30 air squats
The combination of these elements is excellent. Great burn for the posterior chain. My back was too tight for getting the best of this for real. Squats started to make the back feel very uncomfortable. As I said in the beginning, this session was not the one I'll be telling stories about to my grand children sometime in the future but it was definitely fun to hit it once again.



No comments:

Post a Comment