Friday, March 4, 2016

Friday 4.3: Squats, 20min amrap

Friday. Back squats 5x5 @ 125kg. Metcon, 20min amrap of: 5 deads (130kg), 10 hspu, 15 t2b, 20 cal row. Result, 270 reps.

I continued to rock the squats to start Friday's session. Need to feel my legs getting stronger so more volume needs to be in the program. Then I took a longer workout, 20min amrap of bodyweight movements and deadlifts. Felt a bit dizzy in the middle of the workout for some reason but it was a good workout anyway.



Strength.
  • Back squats 5x5 @ 125kg
Couple of days a go I did 7 sets of 5's with 120kg. That was a good starter and reminder to get squats back in the game for real. Today I added some weight on the bar for same rep scheme. However, there was 5 sets this time.

These felt good too. Tried to get these also done pretty quickly without pausing too much on top. Got to keep adding weights in the near future. Then I might have to take more time to finish per set but we'll see.



Metcon. Result, 270 reps (5 rounds + 5 t2b)
  • 20min amrap of:
  • 5 deadlift @ 130kg
  • 10 handstand push-ups
  • 15 toes-to-bar
  • 20 cal row
Got the first round very nicely completed unbroken each element. Then on the second round somehow my heart was pumping awkwardly fast so I needed to take a short break after the second round, and water my head and face with cold face. It wasn't like the metcon was too bad ass. It was something else so I figured I'd better take care of this one. That also resulted me taking the entire workout a notch easier. The rest of the wod went alright though.



Deadlifts were fine all the time. My hands were a little sore so I stayed conservative on this one. On the course of the workout it turned out to be a good call anyway. Maybe those handstand push-ups had an effect on the pump. Felt very exhausted after every set. That was a bit funny as usually these are my strong part nowadays but this was not a normal day by any means regarding the metcon.

T2b's got heavy. I'm not sure if I went unbroken on the first round or did I intentionally break it down already in the beginning. It was mostly 10-5 for first rounds, then 8-4-3 towards the end. I have no idea what the pace was on the rower but it was 270-300m to get to those 20 calories needed to finish the round.



No comments:

Post a Comment