Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sunday 6.3: Row, S2o, Lunges

Sunday. Wod, 500m row, 15 s2o @ 60kg, 500m row, 20 s20 @ 50kg, 500m row, 25 s2o @ 40kg. Time, 12.00. Accessory, 5x20m walking lunges @ 50kg.

Yesterday my bro planted the idea of this first workout in my head, and I couldn't push it away. Sounded like a perfect metcon to me. This was an efficient session as it took me about 35 minutes to finish this after I started the first metcon.



Metcon. Time, 12.00

  • 500m row
  • 15 shoulder-to-overhead @ 60kg
  • 500m row
  • 20 shoulder-to-overhead @ 50kg
  • 500m row
  • 25 shoulder-to-overhead @ 40kg

This was excellent. The only bad thing was that it took some extra time in vain as I changed the plates on the barbell. That ate a bunch of the entire workout. But the combo of rowing and jerks was pretty cool. And it probably made it even more mental as the reps grew every round, even though the weights decreased. Don't know. Both ways would have rocked. Like this or then 15 reps @ 60kg every round.



I went unbroken on the 60kg jerks. Then 15-5 on the next round, and 18-7 on the last one. It just felt like my shoulders were getting numb on those two latter rounds. I really enjoyed this kind of pain on the jerks in a metcon.



Accessory.

  • 5 sets of 20m walking lunges @ 50kg, back rack

This was more like muscle endurance / strength piece in the end. Weight was good. Next time I might go heavier on this kind of stuff. First 10 meters were fine. The last meters burned my legs big time. I'm very happy on today's performance by all means. Lunges for accessory are knocking at the back of my head quite often but there isn't enough time to get these finishers done.




No comments:

Post a Comment