Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thursday 16.1: Back squat ladder, metcon of deads and burpees

Thursday. Back squat ladder. Emom, 2 reps. Start @ 60kg, add 5kg per minute. After 100kg, add 2.5kg per minute. Continue till failure. Result 130kg. Metcon, 5rds of: 5 deads (120kg), 10 burpees. Time 3.15

Squat ladder, awesome! There's a strong side of mental game included in this one. There was a good number of reps with the clock running all the time. Afterwards I took a short metcon with deadlifts and burpees. Something classical from the past.


Time!


Strength. Back squats. Result 2x130kg. Compare to 22.9.2013
  • Every minute on the minute, 2 reps per minute
  • Start @ 60kg, add 5kg per minute up to 100kg
  • Then add 2.5kg per minute
  • Continue till failure

I've done this once before, last September. Got a little better this time. Had 130kg in my mind before entering this one so I'll take it for now. It was light up to something a little over 100kg. At that time I started to feel the burden on my shoulders. Every minute the load got heavier and it started to become also a mental game for big part.

On the last minutes I felt like the recovery time simply wasn't enough. I started the round of 130kg maybe something like 10 seconds already on the minute so the recovery time got shorter and the reps grew heavier. I tried the 132.5kg weight but that was where the stop came my way. My spotters helped me up with the load. So my result was 2x130kg.

Burpee station =)

Metcon. Time 3.15. Compare to 31.12.2012
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 5 deadlifts, 120kg
  • 10 burpees
This is something classic from the early steps of Toni's and my crossfit training. Toni especially used to do this type of workouts on a weekly basis. Total of 5 rounds of 5 reps of some strength movement, combined with 10 burpees. It's been ages since I've done this at least once that I remember of. It was the last year of 2012 and my time has gotten a little over one minute faster. In a workout this short I consider that good.


Great analysis on muscle-ups!


This was a quickie, felt like I was able to keep moving without breaks. It's a rough combination to bounce up and down on the burpees, then pull some stuff from the floor. It's only 5 rounds so you know you'll have to go all in from the very beginning. I could not have gone any faster today. Felt like this was the best I had in my tank. I'm very happy on the result.

The first round just flew by, on the second I started to feel the heavy breathing. Third one was nasty, fourth was painful and the last was just hoping the metcon to end. Finally it ended at 3.15. Got to say these short ones are bad ass stuff. I', usually doing my metcons at around 10-20 minutes and the nature is naturally totally different. There you can't go 100% from the beginning because if you do you will get gassed and slow down too much. But in a metcon like this, you'll have to go hard from the first second because otherwise you'll just be too slow.







No comments:

Post a Comment